1. Heil to Urdung and Slovakia from the ancient pagan lands of Ukraina!
First off, introduce your band and give us a short biography, as it is almost impossible to obtain any information about your band on the internet. What does the name of your band mean?
Hail you Grom, Hail all the comrades in Ukraina!
Well, the beginning was really long time ago so I hope I remember correctly.
Yes, the lack of information on the internet was caused by the so-called “band split up” before the world wide web wasn´t so widespread. Nevertheless, the information about the band is nearly 70% false.
Urdung was formed between 1998-1999 by me Y. on guitars and our present singer M., who played at that time on the drums. In the first months Viktor R. joined us, who was really talented blues-black metal guitarist... hehehe... so our collaboration took not so long. After he left, we had a bigger empty space to fill because we still didn´t had a bass player and a second guitar, but shortly these problems were solved. We got by Andras and BP new enforcement on the Urdung front line. And finally to complete the lineup we had to find a real drummer because M. was not the best one on this position. So our comrade Herr Oberst took over the drumsticks. In 2000 we recorded the demo “Die Vorboten des Krieges” and one year later “the Carpathian Bloodthirst” album which was never officially released.
The name Urdung is standing for devil and is related with the Udug demons in the archaic mezopothamian-sumerian language.
2. Judging from your fantastic album “The Carpathian Bloodthirst”, which not too many people have yet heard, your music can be best described as NSBM. Technically speaking, it is very well-played Aryan Black Metal, with a lot of influences, still having its own distinctive face. Please, dwell on the band's main musical influences, and tell us how did you come into NS movement.
I am really happy to hear that our never-released album “The Carpathian Bloodthirst” not too many people have heard yet... haha... Maybe unfortunately, maybe not, but years ago somebody put the album on several internet servers, this was one of the reasons why the official release was taking so much time.
Most of the band members have helped to compose the songs, therefore the music gives you the feeling to have a lot of influences. Mostly we were inspired by the early Norwegian BM scene, by German, Austrian and some East European bands. Maybe you can find some pagan or folk motives in the music but it was never our goal to be the part of this mainstream pagan BM boom which nowadays became so popular. Urdung was from the start a NSBM band and it will forever remain.
It´s nearly two decades now as we joined the lines of the NS Movement. We were fascinated and impressed by the idea which changed so much for the better in the times when everything seemed to be lost.
3. Lyric-wise everything seems to be more complicated for me. You touch different topics in your lyrics, such as Werewolves, Paganism, National-Socialism, even Satanism and Antisemitism. Still I must say that you manage to combine all these things perfectly. What is the secret behind this?
You forgot the JRR Tolkien theme in Dagor Aglareb ...hehehe... There is no extra secret behind the lyrics, all these different topics are reflecting my fantasies and world view which is at first sight maybe nonsense to combine but I hope after a little bit explanation it make sense:
The only one werewolf theme is in the „Lykantropische Symptomen...„ song and it´s based on a fantasy topic combined with the story of German Werwolf Resistance who fought in the forests using guerrilla war tactics against the reds after WWII.
The NS idea can make a symbiosis only with one „religion“ and that is the ancient pagan belief of our ancestors and this belief can be bounded with only one political view.
And about Satanism and Antisemitism. I have a theory which is symple to explain. Satan is in the jewish old testament a fallen angel who is rebelling against Yahweh, the god of jews and Satan is the enemy of the people of Israel (books of chronicles 21:1 „And Satan stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel”). Wohrshipping him is same as you were against Yahweh and his chosen people. So: Satanas ave Satanas! Hehehe... Of course this view has nothing to do with the classic interpretation of Satanism. This is National Satanism haha...
Anyway, the new lyrics will continue in this tradition...there will be songs about Atlantis, the Spear of Longinus or hystorical themes like the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans.
4. Now let's talk about our modern world a little. Every year Ukrainian frontier guards catch thousands and thousands of illegal immigrants from Asia, trying to infiltrate into the countries of Western Europe. Lately I've heard news that this coloured scum doesn't want to go to Europe anymore, they just want to get to Slovakia! Because your government gives them all conditions to live there normally. Your thoughts about this.
First of all, I hate the modern world and everything what is representing it like political correctness, consumer idiotism, multiculti, liberalism, facebook-twitter society, smartphones, Redbull Vodka, etc...
Back to your question. Hopefully Slovakia is not so attractive country for the immigrants as you heard in the news, they use this land just for a quick time stop and after months most of them is leaving to the West. Of course our goverment is as corrupt, filthy and occupied as in the rest of Europe, but now we have more problems with the System itself than with immigrants.
5. Another problem I know very well about in Slovakia is gypsies. Somewhere I've read they already consist about 1/4 population of Slovakia. Is it really that bad? Does your government or police take any measures against them?
The gypsies are our „slovak indians“ hehe, very talented in making 10-12 kids, talented in stealing and mobbing the white population, to live like parasites from the goverment-given advantages. They don't want and never will change themselves because their mentality is stupid. As mentioned, the goverment have no interests to solve this problem and the police is too busy with hunting such „criminals“ like us, National Socialists.
6. Now let's talk about glorious past. What is your attitude towards notorious Hlinka Guard and Andrej Hlinka? What can you say about Jozef Tiso? What is your attitude towards their strong Catholic involvment? What do you think about the deportations of jews in 1942?
As in a lot of countries all over Europe, so in Slovakia too, there were before and during the WWII strong national movements on the rise. The HG represented the power and order in the first Slovak Republic. This republic was strong catholic and clerofascist (therefore the Guard get the name of A.Hlinka, who was a nationalist priest and activist) which is in that form, in my opinion not a National Socialist idea. Of course you can find similar thoughts about nation, culture and social programs, but it was still christian. Dr. Jozef Tiso was a priest too. I´m antichristian. So you can imagine what is my opinion about him.
After the 3rd Reich got the declaration of war from the international jewish oligarchy in 1933, there was no other oppurtunity as to isolate the inner enemy. There was no time to select out who is the good one and who is the bad, find out who wants to sabotage the german troops or who will just live further in the ghettos. And after the war spread out to East Europe, our country became a part of this, and in Slovakia lived this potentional saboteurs too. Summa summarum: the deportation was strategically rightful.
7. In nowadays Slovakia, are there any political parties or organizations able to change something? Do you support any of them? Are you a member of any of them?
No. And for that is a simple reason. The people of Slovakia are lazy cowardly sheep. They see the problems, they are talking about that, but if it´s necesarry to take action, they don´t go out to the streets or don´t vote for the correct party. Only a small group of us still resists, but there is no chance to create a strong political party.
8. What is your attitude towards chauvinism? For example, I know that part of nowadays Ukraine, Transcarpathia, with cities Uzhgorod and Mukachevo used to belong to Czechoslovakia. Also during WWII Slovakia was the main country in the region, not Czech Republic (it was then called Boehmen und Mahren and was a German protectorate). Do you stand up for the idea of the Greater Slovakia or you more tend to the ideas of United White Europe?
Chauvinism is the desease of the nationalist people. I think nowadays when the National Socialist Movement is pushed into underground we cannot have or allow us the luxury to fight against each other. Only the stupid cannot realize who is taking advantages when the white nations of Europe are struggling and fighting themselves. The Carpathian Basin, which part is Trancarpathia too, was always home of more white nations with different languages but similar culture . It was never a homogenous society but our forefathers have learned how to live totogether in peace, and in wartimes, when the turkish hordes attacked Europe, our ancestors took up the swords under one banner against this muslim threat. This is the white unity. So it´s not so hard to recognize for what is Urdung standing for.
9. What about your plans for the future? Are you still an active band or not? Do you ever play live? What about your projects, like Before The War? Also tell us about Slovakian Right scene. In an old issue of Resistance magazine I've read a report about Slovakian skinhead scene and movement. Personally I've only heard an album by Slovakian R.A.C band D.M.S. "Krv A Cest", which I found pretty interesting and original.
The year 2013 is a milestone in the history of our band. Our album "The Carpathian Bloodthirst" will be finally officially released after 12 years under the wings of “Honour and Hate Productions”. The CD will contain the remastered version of the "TCB" and, as a bonus, we recorded this year 4 new killer songs which will be part of this CD too.
In the beginning we played several gigs in smaller and bigger cities, towns and villages. It was a great time with lot of experiences and fun.
Before the War was a great band full with energy, power and had big potential to be one of the leader NS bands in Europe but the band unfortunately split up.
About the scene: If you mean the Slovak democratic right scene, I don´t care, if you mean the NS scene, is small but very unific.
DMS and similar bands were besides black metal the music of my youth, but we have more cool RAC bands I can recommend you and to all readers such like: Justícia, Ancestors, Krátky Proces, J.Mord,...
10. Tell us what do you know about Ukraine and what is your attitude to our people. What is the attitude of Slovakian people to Ukrainians in general? What do you think about Ukrainian NSBM scene?
Hmmm... in this Wikipedia Internet world it´s really hard to answer questions like "what do you know about Ukraine" because I can write everything what I read yesterday on the internet, but for sure I know your people have suffered under the jewish communist regime more than any nation - Holodomor.
The most of Slovakian people are looking at the Ukrainians as Slavic brothers with familiar language, culture. Maybe the modern democrats and our media are critizing your "Yanukovych-undemocratic" system, but who cares?
I know and like Nokturnal Mortum from Ukraina, I hope they are still NSBM and Hate Forest too. I am interested more in ideology-politics, history and philosophy and not in subcultures that´s why I am not the best person who can give you objective opinion about an underground music scene.
11. Alright, that seems to be it. Thanks for your time doing this interview. Any last wishes or comments for the readers eastwards of Slovakia?
Thank you Grom for interesting questions. I wish you good luck on the NS propaganda front. Hail you comrades! Support the cause - Death to ZOG! Ukrajini Slava!
Y. & Urdung
P.S. The questions were sent circa 2007, the answers came in 2013...